Barista and Shift Leads
Red Whale Coffee is seeking professional, passionate coffee connoisseurs to grow along with us. Responsible, detailed-oriented individuals with an interest in all things fine; food, wine, and coffee culture will make perfect additions to our team!
The Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Specialty coffee experience, strong knowledge of brewing methods and the ability to consistently demonstrate exceptional latte art.
- A willingness and commitment to work as a part of our team in a positive and respectful way.
- Prior experience with iPad-based POS systems or the ability to learn quickly is a plus.
- Speed, reliability, precision, and mindfulness are desired qualities.
- The ability and desire to consistently provide quality service.
- The ability to work weekends as needed. We will do our best to work around schedules but flexibility is key!
Shift Lead candidates will have previous hospitality supervisory experience within quality, high volume environments. This position oversees all areas of Red Whale Coffee Retail, responsible for, but not limited to, monitoring the quality of service and product while interacting with guests as our Brand Embassador. This position will also be in charge of opening/closing procedures based on company protocol, labor and inventory controls, as well as following all proper procedures.
What We Offer:
Baristas competitive wages DOE
Shift Lead competitive wages DOE
Red Whale Coffee provides a happy and collaborative work environment with opportunities to excel in all areas of the business; roasting, sales, training, customer service, shift lead, barista, to name just a few!
Red Whale Coffee implement’s the most innovative industry equipment creating a unique coffee experience for both our customers and team! Come be some of the first in the Bay Area to experience working with these new and exciting delivery methods.
As a company, Red Whale Coffee will invest in the continued education and training of our team as well as sponsoring various local competitions, coffee education, and coffee cuppings!
Want to be apart of our amazing team? Email your resume to email@example.com, along with a cover letter describing why you are interested in and qualified to join the Red Whale Pod. We look forward to meeting you.
Office & Operation Manager
To be successful in this position, the candidate will
- Have an outgoing and friendly personality
- Exhibit professionalism and integrity when making decisions on behalf of Red Whale Coffee
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information pertaining to Red Whale Coffee, with a commitment to work exclusively with Red Whale Coffee.
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to follow through independently.
- Be able to work effectively on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously while remaining calm and professional
- Be able to keep accurate and timely records.
- Manage ordering and distribution of office supplies
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Keeping phone system up to date
- Day to Day Office Operations
- Maintain document control and filling
- Prepare, handle, file and scan documents including NDAs
- Provide ongoing customer service, answer phone calls and emails.
- Provide on-going administrative support for the owner and operations
- Keep website and POS updated with new items and current prices
- Handle Worker’s Comp Claims and Audits
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information pertaining to Red Whale Coffee, with a commitment to work exclusively with Red Whale Coffee
- Maintain accounting records for the company using QuickBooks 2016 for Mac
- Manage account payable and receivable: create invoices and apply payments. Manage collections and follow up on past due invoices
- Manage account payable: enter bills and make checks or payments online. Process bill pay and manage online banking
- Bank reconciliation monthly for all accounts and credit cards, maintain cash on hand and keep a change available
- Maintain cash drawer report, count cash drawers and re-set.
- Make a bank deposit twice a week
- Collect W-9 from qualified vendors and submit for processing 1099 at the year end
- Calculate and send payment for Sales Tax quarterly
- Generate reports for yearly tax returns for company’s CPA
- Interview potential employees and hire new employees. (Including all paper work, orientation, set up in all software, assigning codes etc.)
- Discharge employees and make a final check
- Keep records and approve of employees’ time off request, sick days and other requests.
- Create and manage schedules for different locations using Deputy and Paychex
- Approve time sheets and process bi-monthly payrolls using Paychex. Receive and distribute payroll checks.
- Offer and apply benefits when eligible
- Perform sales floor work, such as greeting or assisting customers, stocking shelves when needed
- Inventory count and ordering cost of goods and merchandise.
- Receive and distribute orders
- Manage and set up special events
- Oversee cleanest of the store and warehouse
- Delegate tasks to employees when needed
- Take donation requests and fulfill when approved
- Fulfill and ship online orders
Required computer skills:
- Comfortable working on Mac
- Being fluent with MS Word, MS Excel, Safari, Quick Books (preferably the desktop version of QuickBooks 2016 for Mac), Square - Point Of Sale, Shopify - website and online store, Paychex – payroll processing, Deputy – scheduling and time tracking
- Knowledge of Xero and Kounta is a plus.
- Ability to learn new software when necessary and interfacing with IT team
Full time, Salary DOE